Orlando likes using the 93/7 ground turkey. Meaning 93% meat, 7% fat. He feels that anything less is so high in fat that you might as well use the ground beef…but the 99% fat free ground turkey is so lean that he finds it too dry for certain meals. We avoid SUGAR mainly, so a little fat doesn’t scare us.
So, on to the recipe…
- 2 – 2 1/2 lbs ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- mix of oregano, basil and thyme
- peas, carrots, and any other veggies you want to sneak in 🙂
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 small can of Rotelle tomato paste
- 3 chopped tomatoes
- Cook the spinach pasta according to the instructions on the box
FOR THE GRAND FINALE:
Grate a nice block of Manchego cheese over the finished plate.